Have you read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen? What's your opinion on this novel?
I don't want to crash the party... however, let me put it in a formal manner. Jane Austen's novels, albeit all of her works, often circle around themes of marriage and courtship. Characters come together, friction, bonhomie, confusion, love, all's well that ends well! I admire Pride and Prejudice for its rich language, as many would say. However, I just don't find it readable more than once. Once you finish reading it, you are done. You get the story and you get the fun. Re-reading it just on the whim of reading a classic is not justified to me. For new readers, as someone suggested, first try reading it. If you like what you see on the first few pages, you can go on. It might seem boring and tedious at times. A short attention span does get the brunt. But, Austen's writing, loaded with decorations and embellishments of linguistics, may often be overdone for new readers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen? What's your opinion on this novel? - by CrassReviews - 25-11-2022, 02:27 AM