Have you read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen? What's your opinion on this novel?
I have read this classic novel three times. The first introduction was during my BA in English literature. However, that was rather a compelled read. I did not find myself in a position to enjoy the work because I had to study it... to score good marks. I re-read the novel once I completed my MA and found a job. Austen's novel is a wonderful gift for those who understand the importance of good works of literature. Many say Pride and Prejudice is a powerhouse of irony and sarcasm. Well, I can say the same. However, Pride and Prejudice is more than a stock of irony and sarcasm. The novel has life, romance, wit, social realities, timelessness, and a beautifully achieved linguistic rhythm that only Austen could do. I would suggest anyone who is looking for something sensible and also with a tag of classic must read this novel.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen? What's your opinion on this novel? - by Chitra_M - 15-11-2022, 05:46 PM