Forums General Forums (Open to All) Books Far From The Madding Crowd

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Arnab Ahuja 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I have read this book in my academic days and the memories are still fresh! Have you guys read it? How did you like this book to be? Please share.

Team_IBC
    Admin

Great choice for the thread, Sukarma! We hope the readers will join you soon!

On mission #ReadBetter

Team_IBC
    Admin

We invite all the new members to have their opinions on this book… this is a very interesting book and mostly read by all!

On mission #ReadBetter

This is such an interesting book I have read in my college days. What a character Gabriel Oak is that sets an example of true love. Hardy was a writer of romance and this one is the exactly the same. I like this Novel!!

This book is my favourite one I like this book. All novels by Thomas Hardy are too good but this one is excellent. The set up of theme the storyline and the ending all are synchronized manner that can give you pleasure what modern novels fail to deliver.

No doubt, this book is an evergreen classic beyond any comparison. usually, novels of Hardy deals with romance and suits the classic definition of a novel by him.

Hey Guys, Do you think that the central character of novel book Gabriel Oak has been unfairly treated by the pessimism of Thomas Hardy?

Hey Guys, Do you think that the central character of novel book Gabriel Oak has been unfairly treated by the pessimism of Thomas Hardy?

Yea, I agree with your arguments that Oak has been treated by the pessimism of hardy. though, he is the central character of this novel but still fails to deliver what a lead role needs to do. All other characters in the novel have been treated in a better way than this poor and innocent farmer Gabriel Oak.

I am sharing my personal experience here. If you want to understand love better you need to read this novel. Such a masterclass in the field of romance fictions. The way Hardy paints the emotions in words is unbelievable. His style of writing romance novel is incomparable to others. This one is the best by hardy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.